How to change the OL2A’s batteries
Time for a battery change in your OL2A? In this video, we are going to learn how to remove and replace the battery in the Carmanah OL2A solar-powered obstruction light. Watch below, or keep scrolling to read the summary.
In this video, we are going to change the batteries in our OL2A solar-powered obstruction light.
- Using a #2 Phillips screwdriver, remove the three screws on the bottom of the light.
- Inspect the gore vent for damage.
- Replace the batteries. Note: the batteries must be replaced with rechargeable NiMH batteries. Note the orientation of the batteries We recommend purchasing replacement batteries from Carmanah; however, using the same type of rechargeable battery will not void the product warranty.
- Check the condition of the gore vent and of the O-ring. We recommend applying a small amount of silicone grease or O-ring lubricant to the O-ring prior to reassembly.
- Retighten the screws. When retightening the screws, do not fully tighten each screw before moving on to the next. Instead, partially tighten each screw then move to the next until the bottom cover is fully and evenly seated against the body of the light.
For the pole mount version:
- Check condition of gore vent
- Apply O-ring lubricant
- Reinstall O-ring retainer
- Insert lower portion of light body
Partially retighten each screw working with each screw diametrically across from the last. Ensure that the lower portion of the light is fully seated and that the screws are tight enough to compress the O-ring. Continue to tighten all the screws until you can no longer detect any internal movement of the O-ring retainer.
For more information
Watch our other videos:
Visit our product page to learn more about the OL2A.Learn more